On Tuesday, 02 July 2019, a Call for Proposals for Partnerships in Export-oriented sectors is published.
Purpose of this Call for Proposals is to improve the competitiveness of BIH export-oriented sectors and EUR 3 million in grants is available within the EU4Business project to export partnerships. These funds will support projects which foster:
- Innovation: the ability to add value to products/services through new approaches
- Cooperation: joint efforts of sector actors in networks, clusters, etc.
- Digitalization: utilization of information and communication technologies
- Business Environment: availability of business development services addressing the above issues (innovation, cooperation, digitalization)
Innovation requires continuous investment in technology, management approaches and skills of employees. micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) which exchange knowledge between each other and – where appropriate – invest together will be able to reduce the costs of innovations (e.g. in training centers for employees, test labs for quality standards) and accelerate their development. Thus, this call supports partnerships instead of individual applicants.
Final beneficiaries are MSMEs and entrepreneurs. The results will be measured in new jobs, with focus on women and youth, increased export among the targeted MSMEs, new business development services and use of such services by final beneficiaries, as well as mitigation of obstacles for innovation and growth.
Project ideas of the applicants must relate to one of the following economic sectors:
- Metal and mechanical industry
- Wood processing
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
MSMEs registered in the Plastic and Electric sectors are eligible within this call if they implement projects in the metal and mechanical industry. ICT is eligible as a cross-sectoral element within this call (in combination with one of the targeted manufacturing sectors).
The CfP supports private sector development in BiH. Thus, applicants (lead and co-applicants) must be registered as legal persons in BiH (prior to 01.01. 2016).
The eligible area is the whole territory of BiH. Further details on eligibility can be found in the Guidelines for Applicants.
Info sessions will be held in line with the following plan:
- Zenica, Hotel Zenica, 09.07.2019, at 11:00 hrs.
- Doboj, Hotel Park, 11.07.2019, at 11:00 hrs.
- Brčko District BIH, Hotel Jelena, 12.07. 2019, at 11:00 hrs.
- Prijedor, Hotel Prijedor, 16.07.2019, at 11:00 hrs.
- Široki Brijeg, Hotel Park, 19.07.2019, at 11:00 hrs.
All interested parties are invited to attend info-sessions.
All qualified parties are invited to submit their applications, including the supporting documentation, by no later than Friday, 30.08.2019 at 16:00 hrs.
Proposals in response to this Call must be submitted in accordance with the instructions provided in the Guidelines for Applicants, which can be downloaded from and submitted to the Application Portal: eu4business.ba.
EU4Business strengthens BIH capacity for generating growth and employment through the development of competitiveness and innovation in selected sectors. Overall, EUR 10 million is available in grants. The project is jointly funded by the European Union (EUR 15 million) and the Federal Republic of Germany (EUR 1.1 million). The project is jointly implemented by GIZ, ILO, and UNDP, between April 2018 and March 2022.